POSITION TITLE: Work Experience Program Support – LTE
PREPARED BY: Yolanda Rocio
APPROVED BY: Sheila Mayhorn
HOURS: Up to 25 hours
A pillar in the communities we serve, stands up for social and racial justice, helps families, and strengthens communities. We have been serving women and families for generations and, every day, challenge our community to commit itself to peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all of our neighbors. Throughout our history, we have championed many social movements important to our community then and now, including civil rights, affordable housing, healthcare, racial justice, and pay equity. Our span reaches from the city of Milwaukee to Racine, being very deliberate to uphold our mission.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Position supports the delivery of a high quality, customer- focused supportive work experience program within the context of the operation of a high performing Dress for Success affiliate.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES | ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Mentors work experience participants through side-by-side completion of duties associated with running a Dress for Success program which include sorting, culling, steaming, merchandising displays, customer service, reception, suiting, paperwork management, cleaning, data entry, etc.
- Completes reporting instruments on time and as requested, including progress and attendance reports
- Identifies workflow concerns or performance issues and promptly brings them to the attention of the Work Experience Coordinator and/or Women’s Empowerment Manager for follow-up
- Contributes to maintenance and updating of Dress for Success boutique as inventory and seasons dictate
- Documents donations received and communicates with donors in a professional, organized and pleasant manner
- Maintains effective working relationships with partners and referring agencies.
- Consistently approaches work with enthusiasm, positivity and flexibility
- Other duties as assigned (i.e., interact with donors, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Demonstrates high level of professionalism
- Personal characteristics sought include enthusiastic, compassionate, organized, flexible, self-starting and the ability to work independently
- Conveys a strong professional image and warm, inviting presence fostering effective working relationships with a diverse population of participants
- Commitment to the YWCA’s mission of eliminating racism and empowering women
HOW TO APPLY:
This position offers competitive salary and benefits.
YWCA Southeast Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or identity, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: CV@ywcasew.org
Please CLICK HERE to download the position description.