POSITION TITLE: Adult Education Coordinator Tri County (PM)
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Director(s)
DIRECT SUPERVISION: None
MINIMUM SALARY: $41,200
PREPARED BY: Jacob G. and Marie H.
APPROVED BY: Sheila M. and Yolanda R.
POSTING DATE: October 13, 2022
DEADLINE: December 31, 2022
A pillar in the communities we serve, stands up for social and racial justice, helps families, and strengthens communities. We have been serving women and families for generations and, every day, challenge our community to commit itself to peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all of our neighbors. Throughout our history, we have championed many social movements important to our community then and now, including civil rights, affordable housing, healthcare, racial justice, and pay equity. Our span reaches from the city of Milwaukee to Racine, being very deliberate to uphold our mission.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Adult Education Coordinator engages Tri-County residents without a High School Diploma or GED (General Education Development) equivalent to participate in High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) classes with the goal to improve educational attainment and work readiness within the community. The position recruits, enrolls, progresses, and monitors students. The position is responsible for maintaining related data, addressing day-to-day program operations, and acting as program liaison/ambassador.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES | ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
I. Marketing and Outreach
– Execute and continually refine marketing and engagement plan to recruit diverse community members without their High School Diploma or GED equivalent to engage with educational programming
– Assist with press releases, social-media campaigns, contests, and/or programs
– Build and maintain positive working relationships with community organizations to better reach prospective students
– Promote ABE/GED/HSED attainment by actively pursuing public speaking engagements with community leaders and organizations
– Other duties as assigned
II. Case Management
– Work individually with students to determine and plan for their personal, educational, and professional needs and goals
– Connect students with appropriate partner organization staff and resources to meet needs and goals
– Oversee HSED and ABE (Adult Basic Education) intake process
– Monitor HSED student and student progress throughout the duration of program
– Maintain up-to-date and accurate student demographic and progress data in assigned systems
– Promote post-HSED education and career opportunities and provide related information and resources, including scheduling information sessions
– Appropriately track and report outcomes as assigned by management and/or program funders
– Other duties as assigned
III. Partnership Coordination
– Ensure data entry and compliance with partnering agencies
– Work with Gateway Technical College, Racine Unified School District, City of Racine, FSET (Food Share Employment Training), and additional partners to ensure relationships are successful
– Ensure accurate reporting, in a timely manner in compliance with YWCA SEW (Southeast Wisconsin) and partnering agency
– Increase enrollment into YWCA’s HSED program annually
– Maintain smooth day-to-day functioning of YWCA’s HSED operation in Tri-County, reporting challenges and opportunities to supervisor as they occur
– Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in Education, Business Administration, Social Work, Behavioral Science, or a related field preferred, with two years of experience in a social, educational, or public-service environment; or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience as determined by hiring team
– Valid driver’s license and insured personal vehicle
– May occasionally be assigned to work evening and/or weekend hours
Work environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
– Fast paced
– Detail oriented
– Varied stress levels
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
– Frequently required to lift and bend
– Frequently required to walk or stand
– Frequently required to talk and hear
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Part-time position, salary range: $19.80 – $22.11
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: CV@ywcasew.org
YWCA Southeast Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or identity, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
Please CLICK HERE to download the position description.