On Tuesday, December 3, 2019 as we celebrate the 15th annual An Evening to Promote Racial Justice at the Marcus Center for Performing Arts! This milestone anniversary features live music, buffet reception, an awards ceremony and a riveting keynote presentation by award-winning journalist, Maria Hinojosa.
We also have a few special surprises in store to commemorate our beloved President and CEO throughout the evening.
Order of Events
5:00 PM Opening Reception
6:00 PM Program
8:00 PM Dessert & Coffee
Meet Maria Hinojosa, the keynote speaker for YWCA Southeast Wisconsin’s 15th Annual An Evening to Promote Racial Justice!
Ms. Hinojosa is a distinguished news anchor and reporter who covers America’s untold stories and highlights today’s critical issues. As the anchor and Executive Producer of the Peabody Award-winning show Latino USA, which is distributed by NPR, and anchor and Executive Producer of the PBS show, America by the Numbers with Maria Hinojosa, she has informed millions about the changing cultural and political landscape in America and abroad. Born in Mexico City and raised in Chicago, IL, Hinojosa will bring to the podium her straightforward viewpoint on “Immigration and the Impact on Women & Families of Color.”
Click below to learn more about Maria and her media ventures below.
- Read Maria’s full bio.
- Watch Maria deliver a powerful TEDTalk, “From Invisible to Visible.”
- Subscribe and download episodes from Maria’s joint podcast on untold stories of people of color titled, In the Thick.
- Follow and connect with Maria on Twitter @Maria_Hinojosa.
- Visit Futuro Media Group, Maria’s independent, non-profit media organization.
How to Prepare for the Celebration
We have put together a few ways for you to get ready for the main event on December 3rd! Check it out:
- Take a sneak peek at what to expect: PRESS PLAY
- Purchase your tickets before they sell out.
- Submit a program ad to honor our 15th annual celebration of leadership in racial justice advocacy, education and consulting OR our CEO.
- Share questions you might have for our speaker during the Q&A portion of the program by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tell us about your favorite moment at “Evening” on Facebook!
Our Past Speakers Include:
Symone D. Sanders, Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, Robin DiAngelo, Julianne Malveaux, Julian Bond, Harry Belfonte, Eugene Robinson, Rebecca Skloot, Soledad O’Brien, Tim Wise, Donna Brazile, Lou Gosset, Angela Davis, and Naomi Tutu!